Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New Condo

Gone are the days of apartment numbers tacked on at the end of our address.  As of October 10th (well, we'll officially settle in sometime between the 10th and the 24th, as we have a two week overlap and a very busy work schedule in between), we'll be residents of 23 Tarocco. 

Our landlord is really sweet and he's doing all kinds of upgrades to the condo.  We have a HUGE patio, too, where I can plant and also put lots of potted plants.  The kitchen has windows, too!  And the condo is full of sunlight.  And it backs right up to our church parking lot, literally, and it's just about 1 mile from Dan's work, so he can bike to work!  It's 4.5 miles from my work, just down the road, for as long as I'm still working.

What's funny is that it's right off the same street we're living on now, 11 or so miles away, which is also the street our church is on, which is 4.5 miles from my work down the same street.  All on the same long street (changes name 3 times in that process). 


Here's a photo of the outside.  It's the bottom unit.  Once I clean up our current apartment in anticipation of my mother-in-law, Kristi's, arrival tomorrow, I'll take a video of our current one.  Our current apartment has 5 digits in the street number and 4 digits in the apartment number... now we'll have just a 2 digit street number!  Simple joys!  It truly is one of the things Dan is most excited about.  Maybe we'll actually have checks printed with our new address, so I'm not always scratching out our NY address and writing in CA...  :)

No comments: