Saturday, September 5, 2009

Chiropractor, Physical Therapist and Massage Therapist

I've been seeing a wonderful pregnancy chiropractor for a few weeks recently, and not only is she super cool, a young mom herself and full of all kinds of great resources, recommendations, etc, but today she also filled me in on what my insurance would cover going forward.  I was afraid we'd really have to space appointments because of the coverage, but here's what it turns to offer.  Unbelievable!  This is why you pay extra for a PPO instead of an HMO, if you have that option.

After a chunk of a deductible (which is worth it for what I'll get afterward), I'll have coverage to get this many visits per YEAR.  There's no way I can use these all!

Chiropractor Appts: 60
Massage Therapists Appts: 60 (I'll see a PT in the next few weeks to prescribe it so that I get it covered)
Acupuncture: 20 (never tried it, but heard it's great in late pregnancy.  worth a try!)

Unreal- I can go every week if I want!  I will be the most pampered pregnant woman ever!  I am so excited.  Last year I found out that I do in fact have scoliosis, which can be contributing to my tailbone and low right back pain.  I'm sooo excited for the massage appointments.  With all this, I'll be feeling like super woman throughout pregnancy!

Yippee!


No comments: