Monday, March 22, 2010

Emma is over 3 weeks and continues to plump up

Emma turned 3 weeks old on Saturday, and at the pediatrician last Monday she weighed 7 lbs. 1 oz. with clothes on, and on Thursday, she weighted 7 lbs. 4 oz. at the midwife's.  She certainly looks even plumper since then!  We can barely remember how small she was when she was born. 

My mom was here last week and it was so great to have her here.  A month prior she had a bad fall down the stairs resulting in a broken arm, broken toe and serious concussion that landed her in the hospital for a few days.  I was thrilled that she recovered quickly enough to come the second week after Emma was born but didn't expect that she'd be able to help all that much.  While she and I both are moving a bit slower mentally now, I could hardly tell she'd been injured.  We are so grateful to God that the head injury did not result in any permanent harm.  This photo cracks me up.  You can't keep a good woman down.  Carrying Emma, vacuuming and wearing an apron because she was also making me banana muffins.


Here's another photo from her visit. 


Emma's also quite mobile now, or perhaps it's that the weather is warmer and we don't have her all bundled up.  When we place her on our chests, she likes to crawl up over our shoulders for some reason.  We're having technically difficulties, but will upload a cute video of her doing this later.

When we're laying in bed, she also likes to inch over to snuggle right next to me.  It's really endearing. 

Here's Emma in a super cute dress that my friend Cristina sent. 

My mom and I took Emma on a walk the other day (to the end of the parking lot) and I wore her in a sling.  The sling matches the dress above!

From today...

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

She is so so cute!! I want to gobble her up with kisses! MUWAH!
<3
:)Rebecca

Amy Schmidt said...

That pic in the dress is darling!

Jen Baeder said...

I just LOVE that pic of you carrying her in the sling... you're a radiant mommy, Susanne!