Today we had Emma's 1st Birthday Party at a neighborhood park. There were 14 kids there and lots of adults. We had a great time and Emma was so worn out that she passed out in minutes at bedtime!
We had one scare as the party was winding down and Dan and I both thought the other was watching Emma. Dan was loading the car and after a minute or so we realized she was gone. Two other moms and I sprang into panicked search mode and I soon found Emma in the men's bathroom calling out "wooo wooo!" to make an echo. She repeated (under my supervision) this stunt, apparently loving the ability to make echo noises. Thankfully, there were no men in the bathroom and she hadn't yet touched the urinal when I found her the first time.
Emma and I also had a great trip to TN from the 8-18th and had a wonderful joint 85th and 1st birthday party with my Grammy, Emma's Great-Grammy. There are photos below from that trip and the party, as well as other photos from earlier in the year.
Unfortunately, I managed to put the photos in reverse chronological order again. Oh well.
Just some of the pregos at the party today. L to R, Andrea is due March 7, Megan Aug. 7, Alexis Aug. 31 and Jaimee in June.
The kids had a blast in the sand. Michelle and Abbey and Megan and son Christopher are above with Emma.
Gemma, due in May, and Michelle (maker of the tutu) and son, Ryan. Both are Blizz wives moved here from Toronto.
Thanks, Alexis, for this bib! We use it all the time b/c Emma can't remove it because of the snap. She's figured this out and doesn't even attempt anymore! The Battle of the Bib has been won!
At Stephanie's daughter, Maddie's, 1st bday. This little ladybug also gave Emma a great big kiss on the lips. :)
2 comments:
Oh my word, Susanne! I can't get over how beautiful she is- you guys are such a lovely looking family. Her party looked like so much fun, in my heart, Bennett and I were there :)
I do have to say that I could see in your eyes the "I can't believe I'm letting photographs of my daughter eating dye be taken" :)
I LOVE her tutu, and that headband your friend made! Emma's really starting to look like a kid instead of a baby. And yes, it looks like there may be a cat in your future. Loved all the pics! And love you :)
Vanessa, you SOOO understand my heart. ;) Love you!
Post a Comment