Sunday, April 4, 2010

Adventures in Babyland

News of Note:

(Forgive the poor formatting on this post.)

* Emma weighed 8 lbs. 12 oz. (with clothes and a wet diaper) today!!! We can't believe how quickly she's growing. She is quickly outgrowing all her newborn clothes.

* Mommy and Emma had their first solo outing today to the chiropractor and the grocery store and then to pick Daddy up from work. It was a great success.

* On Easter, Emma was in her first earthquake. Grandpa Mike and I were sitting with her in the living room while Daddy and Uncle Mark ran to the store to get milk to have with Dan's birthday cake. It was the biggest earthquake Mike or I had yet experienced (only my 2nd) and as it kept going and going, I did indeed drop and cover with Emma (well, sat on the ground and covered her with a blanket in case anything fell and flew). After everything swaying and shaking for awhile, it stopped and nothing flew or broke, but I sure took it a lot more seriously with a baby! It was a 7.2 centered in Baja California, but we sure felt it up here. Emma was unimpressed and slept through the whole thing.

* My dad and stepmom, Debra, were here this past week. They cooked up a storm and made us enough meals to last us a long, long time, and bought us a deep freezer to store them all in. We are so grateful and feel like a real grown up family with a deep freezer. They also sent me to get a haircut, which you can see here.













* We've begun cloth diapering in earnest during the day. Daddy is joining in like a trooper, though when I showed him how to clean a poopy diaper, he decided that task should be left to Mommy. Thanks to dear friends Sarah, Rebecca and Stef, we have a great collection of diapers and we are very grateful. As we flew through our enormous shipment of disposables from diapers.com in just a week and a half, we knew we had to get down to business with these cloth diapers! They're cute and seem much more comfortable and aren't that much work to clean.

* Learning to babywear... I know I didn't have the Moby right, but now we're getting the hang of it.
























* Daddy on nighttime duty.

















* Emma in outfits from Nana Anne. She's already outgrown the red one, which was Mommy;s favorite.




























* Miscellaneous photos of sweet Emma.









































































































* The promised video of Emma inching over Dan's shoulder, as is her custom when laying on our chests (unless she's too sleepy).



* Emma is smiling, cooing and laughing so much more. Here is a great video this morning of Emma smiling repeatedly after Daddy said "Daddy loves you!". There are two, just to prove it wasn't a fluke.


2 comments:

Amy Schmidt said...

Love it! That video of Emma inching over Dan's shoulder is hilarious! I'm so glad Dad and Debra made you a stockpile of meals. I, too, have learned to appreciate the deep freeze that came along with Ryan from his bachelor days. Can you believe I actually tried to get him to get rid of it?! What was I thinking?

Christy Morton said...

Yay for updated pictures and videos! She IS getting so much bigger! And I like your haircut too!
I'm glad Dad and Debra hooked you up, we all know I wasn't any help with the meal situation! But hey, it's not my fault you don't like Kraft macaroni or hot dogs... :)