Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More Photos

Plan to get another belly photo up soon.  38 weeks tomorrow!  But here are some more photos from other stuff... I need Dan's help with the photos from the Jan. 23rd shower, so hopefully I'll get those up soon.

 
This was a collage Alexis, my dear friend who hosted the shower, worked together covertly with our moms to create.  Look at Dan two to the right of the heart with the mohawk, and him two from the bottom left with the flower.  Was he not the cutest little boy ever?

 
Dan assembling our stroller.  

So, we caved.  We weren't going to buy an infant travel system but did end up doing so...  No one had bought the convertible car seat off the registry and we were getting precariously close to the baby's due date, so we decided we'd buy it ourselves.  But it was a good thing no one had bought it, because after I did some more shopping around, even though the convertible seat we'd registered for had the absolute highest safety ratings, I learned that it would require extra outfitting to fit a newborn safely and comfortably.  The beauty of a convertible seat is that it's one seat from birth to, in our case, 35 lbs.  With the infant car seat (+ stroller= travel system), you have to buy another car seat when the child reaches 1 yr., or a certain number of pounds.  Blah.  But in the end, I decided that we really did want a stroller anyway, and the infant seat fits nicely in it to face me while walking (though the seat also reclines into a bassinet, which I like and is more ergonomically correct for a newborn), and while I definitely don't want to lug the heavy thing around all the time, will come in handy occasionally to transport the baby outside of the car.  This stroller/car seat was also the highest rated, and I was sold after using a friend's a month or so back when watching her son.  Even though it is supposedly lightweight, the stroller itself weighs 25 lbs.  Really?  I better start weight lifting now if I ever hope to heave this thing into the trunk.  But mostly I think it will be used for walks around home.
 
We did get a rather attractive (we think) stroller/car seat combo, and it is pretty simple to use, once you figure out how to put it together.  And because it is neutral colored, it can be used for any subsequent children God may bless us with.  Isn't the hubby handsome?
Oh!  I forgot we took this one.  This was last weekend at a wilderness park near our house.  We went on a nice hike and I was quite impressed with myself on nearly 20 minutes of uphill climbing before we headed back down.  Yes, I've put on a few pounds.  Not the most flattering photo, but the only recent one we have right now.

There's another of the two of us.  Dan is so handsome.  Not the most flattering of me, but that's what happens when you take a photo with an upward angle.  We were trying to capture the scenery.

1 comment:

Sarah Eiley said...

Strollers are great for carrying your purse, diaper bag, extra sling, dirty cloth diapers and shopping bags - while you carry baby in the sling! ;) I have ended up using my stroller a lot afterall. Actually used it the most when Ruby got to heavy to carry all the time, especially as a busy toddler when I was pregnant. Even now if I go shopping, I put her in the stroller and carry clay in a sling. No need for a doube stroller. Yours looks snazzy and padded, and has some great features! :)