Sunday, January 24, 2010

Beautiful Baby Shower


 The baskets above are chock full of baby clothes and receiving blankets!

Yesterday I had the most beautiful baby shower, hosted by my friend, Alexis.  We sang three beautiful worship songs led on the guitar by her cousin, Rose, and then each woman shared a meaningful poem, Scripture or bit of advice on the transition into motherhood.  They'd each brought this on paper to go into a scrapbook.  A few teary moments took place, and then the women prayed over me, Dan and the baby.  Then we had a fabulous homemade cake and homemade ice cream, and opened gifts.  It was the most meaningful baby shower I've ever been to, and I am so grateful to have had Baby Hernberg celebrated, prayed for and welcomed by this wonderful group of women. 


Dan and I both got really excited about this outfit for if we have a little girl.

The theme was a clothesline theme, and Alexis had hung clothesline all around her living room filled with beautiful clothes that she and her mom have been gathering together since they found out I was pregnant!  There were both boy and girl clothes, as well as some neutral ones, so we're covered for this baby, and perhaps for other babies of the opposite gender to come!  I think Alexis and her mom singlehandedly clothed our little baby. 



Dan and I had it on our docket for today to go out and buy the remaining items we hadn't received yet, and it was so awesome to receive so many of those yesterday!  We also received some fabulous books, beautiful flowers and came away with two huge wicker baskets and one small one. 



Today I am sorting, washing, folding and putting away all the newborn and 0-3 clothes, and sorting and stashing the bigger sizes for later.  Later this week, I'll begin the process of washing the cloth diapers, too.  Got a really cute cloth diaper cover yesterday. 



Couldn't get this to upload rotated, but you get the idea!  And it has snaps to adjust as the baby grows.

All the photos at the shower were taken on Alexis's camera, so I will post those soon!

1 comment:

Sarah Eiley said...

Sounds like a lovely showers, Susanne! You deserved to be blessed and lavished upon as a mama-to-be. Thank you for throwing me the most meaningful shower I've ever been to when I was expecting Ruby! I can't wait to send your baby gifts from me! :) :)