It's hard to believe, but I'm already 32 weeks pregnant. In just 5 weeks, I'll need to have everything ready, though anytime between 37-42 weeks is normal for the baby to arrive, meaning it could be another 5 weeks, or another 10 weeks. Crazy! First babies are generally late, so while we'll be ready by 37, we're really banking more on 10 weeks to go.
Ever since week 27, my belly has been growing rapidly. From here on out, it's typical to gain a pound a week, and the baby is gaining half of that each week!
I'm reading an excellent book, The Mission of Motherhood, by Sally Clarkson. It has encouraged me so much. I highly recommend it for moms seeking to embrace their God-given call to motherhood. Sally is speaking in Irvine in early February, and I hope to go hear her.
Last Monday was our last Bradley class. Dan and I both feel so much more confident and more confident with each other after having taken it. I'm bummed to be done (Dan is a bit relieved! It was 12 weeks!), but we've made some good new friends out of the class, and it is so encouraging to spend time with like-minded people. As pregnancy progresses, more and more opinions are being "offered" and while I never thought they would bother me, I guess the hormonal nature of pregnancy has greatly increased my sensitivity to them. I just want this to be a time of joy, and if people could keep their negative opinions, thoughts and disagreement to themselves, that would be so delightful. :) So, Dan's and my mission for me these next few weeks is to surround me with positive people who support our choices and respect our intelligence and decision-making ability, and to read and watch affirming things. Going to the Sally Clarkson conference will also be very affirming.
Good quote from the book: "God's design provides a completeness to the circle of life. Our family is a vital piece of the puzzle of his design that was intended to give all children the opportunity to be lovingly nurtured so they could live their own lives well. The mission of motherhood is strategic in providing the next generation with whole-hearted, emotionally healthy, and spiritually alive adults. It is not simply a lifestyle choice. It is a divine calling that will indeed affect eternity."
1 comment:
Hey Susanne! I see I'm a bit late in offering my congratulations! You look fantastic :) You are going to be such an awesome mom and I know you will enjoy every day of it, (ok, most of them!)
Love,
Kate (from Tiny Tots)
Post a Comment