Tuesday, December 8, 2009

29 Weeks Tomorrow

Can't believe how quickly the pregnancy is flying by.  Better really start getting things together!  I had the last meeting of a Partnership at work yesterday, and several people brought me baby presents... a really beautiful handmade prayer quilt (each knot is tied with a prayer and there are some left undone for others to pray over), handmade pillow, bib, burp cloth, and crocheted blanket, some baby washcloths, teethers and the most adorable footie pj's and hooded towel.  Dan was super excited about the footie pjs and we can't wait to snuggle our little bambino/a in them!  It actually got down to 34 last night, a near record, so it is quite possible that in late Feb/early March, there will yet be many cold days and nights.  And our condo stays pretty cold- all the more reason to keep the baby in cute footies longer!


It seems as at 27 weeks, all the sudden things started accelerating.  I feel that I'm visibly bigger each day and people are now commenting, "Ok, NOW you look pregnant".  That is a good feeling because I was getting tired of the "Oh my gosh... you are SOOO small!  I was HUGE at your point!"

In the background you'll note some fine artwork by my dear husband.  The laminated ice skater on the red pipe cleaner was a masterpiece he created TWO years ago when we were Santa and an Elf at a Christmas party my work had for the families we worked with.  He was a great Santa and endured craft time and now insists that this hang at the front of the tree each year.  :)

The chiropractor and I think the baby is working toward turning head down the last few days.  Yesterday she had a hard time adjusting me and the baby has been doing all kinds of acrobatics in there today.  A colleague and I enjoyed watching the moving bump morph for quite some time this morning.  I have a midwife appointment in the morning, and it will be interesting to hear her opinion on what position the baby is in.  It's definitely doing something.  

In other news, thanks to an email from Sarah letting me know of this sale/contest, I won 3 Econobum cloth diaper covers and 12 prefold diapers from a baby boutique in Ithaca and got them yesterday.  Super exciting!  Once I'm done working (5 more work days), I should hit up some garage sales and craigslist to get a dresser and a number of baskets to start organizing all this baby stuff.

Thursday is my work baby shower!  Excited!

Off to pull together all my questions for tomorrow, fill out disability forms (even though I'm not going back to work, I still get to benefit from that!), and other various to-dos. 

2 comments:

Christy Morton said...

WOW! I can't believe it! That's so exciting! Thanks for updating! Enjoy your last few days of work! Love you!

Amy Schmidt said...

You look fantastic, Susanne. Motherhood suits you! Enjoy your last few days of work and remember you don't have to have it all figured out before the baby gets here. It's a never ending process. I remember having a lot of anxiety about all the things I still needed to get done before Matthew was born; in retrospect, I probably worried a little too much about that. Although it is a way to feel some sense of control over the experience. My unsolicited advice is to try to focus on getting things done that will be physically or logistically challenging to do once the baby is born. You'll still have lots of time to read once baby is here, but you'll be glad you got a dresser in place ahead of time. And remember, baby doesn't care how pretty the nursery is... all he/she really needs is you! Love you!