Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Little Baby Hernberg

Today I had an appointment with my midwife, and the baby has certainly had a growth spurt!  For awhile, I was measuring a few weeks behind, but my midwife wasn't worried because I'm a small person anyway.  But today the little baby was all caught up and in perfect position.  She said it's little head was so far down that she could only feel it's neck, not the actual head.  She said she doesn't even know what it would take for the baby to unwedge and go breech.  I wasn't really worried about that, but it is nice to know that the baby is in the right position.  Such a smart little one.  :)  It does explain the hiccups I get just above my pubic bone each morning and evening... at 8 pm almost every night the little one hiccups!  But it is actually it's diaphragm, not its mouth that I am feeling right there.  Hard to believe the head is even further down.  How am I sitting?  I'm actually quite comfortable.  It is strange to think that in just 4 weeks, this little one will be full term. 

We had lunch on Sunday with two couples, one from our Bradley class who is a month behind us in pregnancy and is also using our midwife and the other with a four month old born beautifully at our local birth center.  The four month old little girl was a picture of perfection in her sweet little dress and tights and sweet little smile.  It was so fun to see the two dads-to-be getting all googly-eyed over her.  At one point, she was asleep and they were both resisting her cute little feet with great effort, hoping she would wake up soon.  Dan leans toward having a boy first, but I asked him as he gazed at her if NOW he'd like a little girl, and he conceded that yes, now he would like a little girl.  Looking at this little one just reminded us how soon our little baby will be here, and then how soon he/she will be 4 months old, then 4 years old, then....  Boy or girl, we are super excited and feel so blessed.  

To see what the average 33 week baby looks like, click here.  Granted, our little baby's head is much further down.  It is amazing how God designed the body to grow little people so perfectly.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm guessing boy!