Tuesday, November 3, 2009

6 Months Tomorrow



Sorry for the blurry photos and the pajama pants!  So tomorrow marks 24 weeks, or 6 months of pregnancy.  Just 3 more weeks until I'm in my third trimester- crazy!  All that I need to do is starting to hit me... I need to make my registry, which means picking a car seat, prioritizing how much "stuff" we really believe the baby needs, etc.; I need to be exercising more faithfully and really should eat more vegetables :); I wish I'd journaled more for the baby, but I've done an ok job; I need to be doing my relaxation exercises and listen to the hypnobabies cd.... in addition to all the non-baby things that I'd like to get ready before the baby is here, such as um... unpacking from the move!

BUT, I know most of these things really don't matter.  As I remind other women, if you have your boobs, that's the biggest thing.  I feel like there's still so much Dan and I need to think about and process... that it's flying by so quickly.  Even though I'm working part-time, it doesn't seem to make it possible to do more, as I go home, eat lunch, sleep, and then make dinner, if it's a normal day where I don't have other things scheduled, which is infrequent.  But I'm so grateful to be able to take naps and make dinner!

So, I'm reminding myself, and Dan and I talked about this last night, that things don't need to be ideal and everything doesn't need to be done and ready just perfectly.  I'm triaging my expectations and realizing it's good to try and abandon perfectionism anyway in anticipation of parenthood.  :)  I just need to relax and enjoy things.

We're really looking forward to having a childhood friend of Dan's and his wife in for Thanksgiving, and we'll all be going for Thanksgiving dinner to another family friends' house where we went last year.  And then we'll have Dan's dad, younger brother, older brother and wife here for Christmas.  That will be so fun!  I'm so excited to host it in our new place and this weekend I'm going to two Christmas boutiques with friends and promise just to get some new ornaments and a table runner, if I find one.  :)  December 15th is my last day at work, and my good friend, Alexis, and I were talking today and she thinks she'll hold my work baby shower on Dec. 11.  Things are getting nearer!


I feel the bambino/a move each day and Dan and I enjoy reading him/her stories.  Wonder whether the baby will be a boy or girl?  I'd been thinking it was a boy, but now I'm thinking perhaps it's a girl...

3 comments:

Sherrin said...

Hello Susanne,
I'm so glad my birth affirmations were encouraging to you! I enjoyed reading this post and being reminded of those wonderful, exciting days of waiting for a tiny, unknown person to arrive!

Susanne and Dan said...

Thank you, Sherrin! I spent some time meditating on the affirmations last night and was so encouraged! I am definitely going to share them with others. Thank you! And glad you enjoyed reading my rambling post. :)

Amy said...

Susanne you look amazing! I am so excited about the arrival of your little one.