At long last, here is a belly photo (or two), taken on Sunday, so I was 20 weeks and 4 days. Slowly getting a belly. Tomorrow is a big event at work (culmination of months of work), Saturday I have an expo for work, and on Sunday we move. I'm taking Monday off. :) God has definitely provided much needed calm and strength for this week, especially today as I was getting really nervous about all there was to do by tomorrow. But slowly, calm came over me. Next week will be a breeze.
We had our first Bradley Childbirth Class on Monday night, and it turns out one of the other dads there works at Blizzard, too! I've met a number of natural and homebirthing wives of Blizzard guys or Blizzard employees themselves. Who would have thunk? The class was really good, though Dan is convinced it could definitely be condensed down from the 12 weeks. It was really sweet to see all the dads, who came in so reluctant to be there, get really into each of the activities and be even more vocal than the moms. I look forward to these classes, and now that Dan knows what I'm supposed to be eating and what exercises I am to do, I know he's going to hound me until I do them! :)
By the way, we were supposed to have our 20 week appointment on Saturday to hear the baby, but another one of our midwife's clients had her twins that day! Very exciting. While we were disappointed, I'm so glad she had a good birth, and once the chaos of this week is over, we'll meet again.
Side story... as I was sitting here at my computer, I kept feeling something itching my hip. I kept readjusting some loose threads on my jeans, thinking that was the source. Finally, I looked under the belly band and indeed, there was an ant in my pants. I cannot wait to be in our new place and free of these ants!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're looking fantastic, Susanne! Loved the ants in the pants story. Too funny. Have you gotten a chance to hear the baby's heartbeat yet, since your midwife had to cancel? Love you, Amy
Post a Comment