Sunday, October 17, 2010

Clapping!

No pictures, but just had to share that all of the sudden and unprompted, Emma started clapping today! We'd only worked on it a bit, but for some reason today it clicked. This evening we had a one year old over and he was playing peekaboo under a tablecloth with his parents. At one point everyone said, "Yay!" and Emma started clapping again, in proper context and with great excitement! Then she took the tablecloth and tried to put it over her head to play peekaboo, too.

This was possibly, for me, the most exciting developmental milestone she's hit so far. Clapping is really a form of sign language, and it feels like she's entering the world of big people communication and really catching on to what we're teaching her, etc. I can't believe how grown up she's getting! She is more joy than we can possibly take in.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

more joy than we could possibly take in...such an apt definition, you eloquent girl! i am so glad you have this blog so i can feel like i kind of know emma :)

Vanessa said...

oh goodness, i meant description...apt description...if only bennett would sleep a bit so i would not be rendered so idiotic by motherhood!

Susanne and Dan said...

Umm... but aren't I flying into Denver? I think I take the cake! I'm so glad you have YOUR blog! And hilarious photo comments! Can't wait to see you!